Can a person loose their salvation?Doubtless you have personally asked this question or heard it asked... and you are not really sure if "once saved always saved" is really true.
Well, as you know, debates have raged and doubtless will continue to rage, over this question concerning the "eternal security" of the believer.
But, perhaps the best answer and "proof text" for the "eternal security of the believer" is given by Jesus Himself.
It is in John 10:28-29, but I am including the other verses to put it into context.
22. Then came the Feast of Dedication at Jerusalem. It was winter,
23. and Jesus was in the temple area walking in Solomon's Colonnade.
24. The Jews gathered around him, saying, "How long will you keep us in suspense? If you are the Christ, tell us plainly."
25. Jesus answered, "I did tell you, but you do not believe. The miracles I do in My Father's name speak for Me,
26. but you do not believe because you are not My sheep.
27. My sheep (believers, Christians) listen to My voice; I know them, and they follow Me.
28. I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one can snatch them out of My hand.
29. My Father, Who has given them to Me, is greater than all ; no one can snatch them out of My Father's hand.
30. I and the Father are One."
So... based on what Jesus said.....
"... no one can snatch them out of My hand. ...
"... no one can snatch them out of My Father's hand"....
it is very obvious that a person can NOT loose his salvation... that is why the doctrine of "once saved, always saved" is absolutely correct!
So, IF you have put your trust in Jesus alone for your eternal salvation,
you can be SURE that you can NOT and will not loose your salvation!
Click here to find out HOW to be "saved"
(ie. to put your trust in Jesus alone for your eternal salvation)
Click here to find out if Jesus is REALLY God, If He really claimed to be God.
Scriptures unless otherwise indicated are taken from the
HOLY BIBLE, NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION.
Copyright � 1973,1978,1984 International Bible Society.
Used by permission of Zondervan Publishers.